Wednesday, January 4, 2017

About the Fords

I was actually planning to do a lot on this blog. It didn't happen, but eh. You want to start at the beginning well here it is.

We met in 2010- it was an internet date. That date lasted about 8 hours and all of it was in public so get your mind out of the gutter there peeps- we only talked. He was super cute and all sorts of sexy, and I had just started a big girl job and had nary a clue about life.  We fell in love, went on trips then one day he popped the question- which I so eloquently answered with "Are you serious?".  Worry not friends he was not offended and simply replied "yep see I even have ring." Then 4 months later we walked down the isle to our new wedded bliss life. Bazinga



We have three dogs so of course we thought life was boring and needed to add a human child to the mix. After I spent the better part of 4 months being sick and acting like a loon we found out our little BOY would join the family. 



We welcomed a healthy, huge Quinn Lawson on 11/19/15. I was in labor forEVERRRRRR and then they had to go get him. It wasn't super fun but this one was worth it! 

He didn't poop or pee during his naked photo shoot but refused to sleep unlike 99% of all newborns. This would become his jam and I thought his goal to see how many hours he could keep me awake. He slept through the night once about 2 weeks ago, but it has proved to be a freak occurrence. I am thinking 14 months *might* be our winner.

no smiles.

He is also a huge fan of pictures- which I take daily.  See mugshot above.  Currently homeslice is 13 months (almost) 14 months old and is a basket of  fun. No really. I never sit down nor eat anything hot. But all worth it :) 

Like a GQ

Duane is forever busy with work and home improvements. He has also started building furniture- he likes it but started because he refused to let me buy a 1500 dollar coffee table I wanted. Claiming he could build it- indeed. We have a new back porch that is almost done- bring on SPRING. I have grand plans for the yard and told him to get his work pants on. Quinn says his name DADA (yep usually a yell) about 35 times a minute, which he always answers. It warms my heart. 



I, Allison am currently trying to eat healthy and keep everyone alive. These are big goals people.
I work full time as a corporate trainer- eh learning professional.  I also have been talked into training for a half marathon with my sister in April- so I should run at some point.  I am trying to read more and watch less TV but Criminal Minds and Parks and Rec are my Netflix jams. I have great Pintrest boards and a pretty awesome Instagram account (allisonford1). 



Quinn has too many toys and currently only wants to eat Greek yogurt, puffs, blueberries and guac. If you smile he will eat Alphabet soup and french fries. He loves books and will spend hours 'reading' but if you read to him he wants the book back in 2 pages- we are working on it :). If allowed he would prefer to be naked at all times, however I do make him wear clothes. He has accepted that if he can't be naked a diaper is fine- my floor and couch thank him for this. 



We aren't perfect, we do love each other a lot. I am so excited to share a few things about my family and just daily life! 










No comments:

Post a Comment