Monday, January 9, 2017

It's the Feakin Weekend

Hello from Fordlandia!!

We started of Friday being awesome- Q had a doctors appointment to get his ears checked. I went to pick him up and it was SNOWING. If you live south of Lubbock then you should know that Texans in these areas have nary a clue what to do with the white powder. So I cancelled our doctor date. 

We came home played in the snow and I tried to work. Quinn cried when I made home come inside but dear child a sweat shirt is not in fact going to be enough for snow playing.

 

 

D got home and I stated that I felt horrible- not sure what was up. I just didn't feel good. Q has recently moved to the toddler room at school and we are working on one nap. He was wiped out and I happily let him go to bed early. D ordered a pizza and then went to take a nap before he went back to work, I went to bed. Party hard Friday night friends. 

Saturday 
Saturday was fairly low key- I still didn't feel great. My stomach wasn't kind to me but we woke up and started the day. I started chores, and then we ran to pick up groceries. I love Wal-Mart grocery pick up, if you haven't done it try it! We grabbed lunch then ran to Target for a few other things.  

 


How does one always spend so much money at Target?! 

We got home and took a family nap, woke up and played!! I think Q is fighting a cold he has been EXTRA clingy and mommmmmmmmaaa. D worked and I stayed up watched a new episode of Criminal Minds...anyone else a fan? I'm not digging this new cast. They just seem to not mesh and the show isn't as good. And let's face it I miss Shermar's abs. 

Sunday 

Q was up at 5, so I decide we should go get doughnuts. He and I shared breakfast! He then proceeded to sneeze doughnut all over me. Ahh motherhood.

 

D worked again so we were on our own until about 10am, however Q was tired and went back to bed around 8:30am. We grabbed lunch, came home, Q got a nap and we watched football. 
My little one is super into dipping right now, so I'm trying to find things for him to try! 

 


I have a book club in a few weeks and the library finally had my book available so Q and I made a fast trip to grab it and run around. The library is the coolest! 


 

 

We ran around and tried to climb everything! We left with a huge bag of books and plans to come back for story time!!  Q thought climbing into the bookshelf was such a good idea. We only had one meltdown as I said it was time to go- since the library was closing.

Dinner then Q went down- still quite snotty and just overall blah. He is getting THREE teeth at the same time so we have had a few rough nights. Poor boy. I was happy to let him get some extra sleep in and of course actually eat dinner.

Weekends D works extra are usually hard and a little off schedule. We also try to not have outside plans and stay home, it's nice to recharge and not do much!

No comments:

Post a Comment