Wednesday, June 13, 2018

We Survived: Vacation Edition

Like all things with small children you never really know how things are going to go until maybe like 10 minutes before its underway. Overall vacation week was REALLY good- the kids had fun and D and I got some much needed time away from our house projects.

The first airplane ride was totally great- Q did amazing and so did Kinley. They both slept a good portion of the time and woke up happy. We looked like we brought the whole house with us but Duane was a master of suitcase management. He even limited the cursing so I think it was a TOTAL win.

The house we stayed at was amazing and had plenty of room for this nugget to run free.

CO Springs offered a lot of options to keep us entertained. My favorite was the zoo!! Q got to feed the elephants- for the low price of 15 dollars. Which I promptly had to mooch from my father since D and I had nary a cash dollar on our person. We also fed giraffes which was only 5 bucks but added up quickly when Q threw entire handfuls to one VERY happy giraffe. He did let this one eat pieces off his head so we saved a bit.



We did SO much fun stuff but overall it was wonderful to spend time with family. Duane and I spent 85% of the time carrying one or both of our children. I also realized I need to put in some serious gym time because walking about 5 miles a day carrying a kid (or two) is not easy.  At one point I had Q in the carrier on my back and Kinley in my arms nursing. HAVE. TO. GET. IT. TOGETHER.



We finally broke down and bought strollers for them and it worked MUCH better. Lesson learned on that one- even though K was hit or miss in them and no naps were to be had in these but once mom picked someone up we crashed. Again- I need to get my act together. 


I just loved getting time with my people!! 

 Trying to give him love so maybe he would act right for pictures? Nope.




 The big family shot turned out really good!! Even if Q was determined to make the day total hell for me. :) Good thing he is cute!!

Vacation 2018 is done! Now we are off to sell our house and get this new one moved into. I am working on ideas to make my life easier and also am trying to find a good book about cleaning out. SIMPLE is my 2018 word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment